Freedom – the freedom of our physical selves, our movements, and our thoughts – is the focus of this concert. Carmen Braden’s What Happens When We Move and Cris Derksen’s Five Bucks a Head explore movement across the Canadian landscape and Canada’s treaty obligations and history. Frederic Rzewski’s minimalist touchstone Coming Together unravels and reconstructs the text of a letter written by Sam Melville, an architect and eventual casualty of the Attica prison uprising.
- Cris Derksen String Quartet
- Carmen Braden Wiilideh: What Happens When We Move
- R. Murray Schaffer String Quartet No. 5, “Rosalind”
- Cris Derksen Five Bucks a Head
- Frederic Rzewski Coming Together