Position: Development Manager
Organization: Regina Symphony Orchestra
Reports to: Executive Director
The Regina Symphony Orchestra (RSO) presents live orchestral music and music education to enrich life for citizens in southern Saskatchewan. Now in its 109th season, the RSO is a full-scale orchestra that makes a valuable contribution to the cultural fabric in our province.
The RSO is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team to oversee and implement a strategic approach to fundraising. The ideal candidate will bring passion, talent and energy to this position. The Development Manager will work with the Executive Director and lead initiatives such as major gift campaigns, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
The Development Manager is responsible to build the orchestra’s capacity for the future through the planning and implementation of all fund-raising activities, including annual fund drives, corporate sponsorships, endowment, planning giving, capital campaigns, grant applications, and new initiatives. In this capacity, the Development Manager works closely with the Executive Director to determine goals and budgets for fund-raising activities and to seek out additional funding opportunities. This position establishes relationships with grant-making foundations and corporations, local and federal government agencies that provide arts funding, interacts with donors, business and community leaders in cultivation of new prospects, and supervises contract staff and volunteers in the execution of fund-raising initiatives. This position requires familiarity with resources and current research in fund-raising, excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to lead the orchestra toward budgetary goals.
The RSO has a budget of $2.4 million of which $850,000 is from fundraising.
- Oversee and implement various fundraising campaigns such as the major gifts, annual appeals, donors circle campaign, artistic fund, and the RSO Business Club.
- Organize fundraising events and activities such as the annual RSO Gala, Symphony under the Sky VIP event, RSO Business Club events, donor receptions, lotteries, and other related events.
- Develop relationships and communications with RSO donor base and Business Club members.
- Prepare and submit grant proposals and reports to foundations, corporate sponsors and government funders.
- Coordinate in-kind donations and gifts.
- Work with Growth & Development Committee and the RSO Board of Governors on various projects and initiatives.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure proper acknowledgement of all sponsors, donors and stakeholders in all RSO materials.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts.
- Build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Work with the Finance and Administration Manager to coordinate individual donations, pledges and gifts.
- Attend RSO concerts throughout the season.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong written communication skills for proposals and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be part of a vibrant team
- University or college diploma
- Knowledge of the arts industry is an asset
- Full-time permanent position, based on a 35-hour work week (with some evening and weekend hours)
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Thursday, March 15 at 4:00pm. Earlier applications may be reviewed right away and possibly called for an interview.
Joanne Grant, Finance & Administration Manager
Regina Symphony Orchestra
No phone calls or hard copies please.
The RSO would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.