Position: Marketing & Communications Manager
Organization: Regina Symphony Orchestra
Reports to: Executive Director
The Regina Symphony Orchestra (RSO) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team to oversee and implement marketing, communications and design strategies. The ideal candidate will bring passion, talent and energy to this position.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will work with the Executive Director and lead initiatives such as subscription and single ticket marketing campaigns, audience development, public relations and media contact, and the design and production of RSO materials. This position works closely with development and box office staff to ensure seamless communication with all stakeholders.
The Regina Symphony Orchestra (RSO) presents live orchestral music and music education to enrich life for citizens in southern Saskatchewan. Moving into its 110th season, the RSO is a full-scale orchestra that makes a valuable contribution to the cultural fabric in our province.
- Design and implement marketing plans for season subscription and renewal campaigns and single ticket sales, and other sales programs
- Monitor budget of all marketing efforts to meet determined goals
- Develop and implement strategies around community engagement and education programs
Public Relations & Communications
- Maintain positive working relationships with industry and media contacts
- Ensure consistent delivery of messages relating to the RSO’s mission
- Write copy for all marketing materials, including press releases, website, social media platforms and advertisements
- Work with internal staff to create and distribute support materials
- Develop and implement social media strategies
Graphic Design & Website
- Work closely with graphic designer to generate creative and produce a wide range of print and digital collateral, concert programs, signage, and other support materials for RSO departments.
- Ability to use Adobe Suite to create and edit basic ads and other communication marketing collateral
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills relating to graphic design software and systems used to produce finished art
- Manage RSO website content, design and updates throughout the season
- Act as RSO photographer at performances and events
- Attend performances of the orchestra to act as a liaison to the media and the public
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be part of a vibrant team
- Ability to balance multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly computer literate with significant skill using Adobe Creative Suite, with particular proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of arts marketing and classical music is an asset
- Bachelor degree in Business or Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Full-time permanent position, based on a 35-hour work week (with some evening and weekend hours)
- Approximate start date: May 2018
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a design portfolio by Friday, May 4 2018 at 4:00pm to:
Joanne Grant, Finance and Administration Manager
Regina Symphony Orchestra
No phone calls or hard copies please.