Plan Your Visit
Where should I stay?
If you’re coming in from out of town to one of our concerts, our amazing partners at the Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection offer the finest accommodations in the city at affordable rates. Situated in Regina’s downtown, Hotel Saskatchewan is located directly in the hub of Regina’s restaurant and nightlife scene, and is under a 10 minute drive to our main concert hall, the Conexus Arts Centre. Feast on a buffet breakfast and lunch in Circa 27 Restaurant, or retreat for an evening at Circa 27 Bar for an elegant dinner and cocktail experience before joining us for a concert!
What should I wear?
There is no dress code! The days of monocles and top hats are over (unless you want to wear that). Anything that makes you feel comfortable is fine. Most people will be wearing business clothes or slightly dressy casual clothes, but you’ll see everything from khakis to cocktail dresses. Some people enjoy dressing up and making a special night of it. If you do decide to dress up, though, please avoid wearing cologne or perfume. Many of our patrons have allergies and could be forced to leave the concert because of them.
How do I get there?
All of our concerts take place at the Conexus Arts Centre, Government House Heritage Property, Knox Metropolitan United Church, or Westminster United Church. Follow the links below to learn more about locations, parking, seating maps, and transportation.
What time should I arrive?
Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before concert time, so you can find your seat, turn off your cell phone, take a look at your surroundings, absorb the atmosphere, grab a drink, and have time to glance through the program book, too. Most concerts start on time. If you’re late, an usher will allow you inside during a suitable pause in the program, so your arrival won’t disturb other concertgoers.
Our Masterworks, Shumiatcher Pops, and Great-West Life, London Life & Canada Life Kids series all have pre-concert activities that you won’t want to miss out on!
- Masterworks series:
- Pre-Concert Chats – 7:15PM – Conexus Arts Centre Theatre Lobby
- Join Interim Concertmaster Christian Robinson and Music Director Gordon Gerrard to learn the history behind the pieces, composers and performers of our Masterworks concerts. This is a patron favourite, so be sure to arrive early if you want a seat!
- Shumiatcher Pops series:
- Prelude performances - 7:15PM – Conexus Arts Centre Theatre Lobby
- A new initiative that showcases students and other performers from the Conservatory of Performing Arts in the Conexus Arts Centre Theatre Lobby prior to each Shumiatcher Pops concert.
- Great-West Life, London Life & Canada Life Kids series:
- Pre-Concert Activities – 2PM – Knox Metropolitan United Church
- Something for our younger patrons, the RSO presents an hour of children friendly activities prior to each Kids Series concert. The whole family is invited to participate in a series of interactive musical activities including an instrument petting zoo, a rhythm station, and musical crafts thanks to the generous contributions and partnerships with Music for Young Children and Living Sky Music
How long is the concert?
It varies, but most orchestra concerts are about 90 minutes to two hours long, with an intermission at the halfway point.
Can I take pictures?
Cameras, video recorders, and tape recorders are not permitted in concerts.
What is the intermission for, and what should I do during it?
The intermission is typically a 20 – 25 minute rest period for the musicians and conductor. Once you see how much activity goes into a performance, you’ll understand why they need a break! During intermissions, feel free to mingle amongst the other patrons, buy yourself a drink if you’re at the Conexus Arts Centre (cash bar!), and visit the RSO information table to say hi to the RSO staff!
What do I do after the concert?
All of our concerts at the Conexus Arts Centre have post-concert coffee receptions proudly hosted by the Regina Symphony Women’s association. Grab a cup and share your enthusiasm for the concert with our other patrons!